Thursday 25 January 2018

Lovely words

Curmudgeon is a lovely word
Though I don't know what it means,
I think maybe that it's a dog
Who doesn't like baked beans.
Another word I really love
Is existentialist,
Which I was told
Is the seventh thing
Upon a Christmas list.

Some other words that I have heard
That always make me smile,
Are pompous and bombastic
And another's anglophile.
I don't know what they mean of course
But that doesn't really matter,
I love the way they leave my tongue
When they ricochet and splatter.

My brother says his favourite word
Is anachronistically,
And both of us we think it means
To never disagree.
I like the word epitome
And I love to say gazumped
And I also like the way it feels
When I say that something slumped.
I love the word Rhinosaurus
And I love the word usurp,
And I love to use some silly words
Like twit and bottom-burp.

I love the sound of Euripides
Emancipation and absurd
And I think egalitarian
Is a type of yellow bird.
Yes I have lots of favourites
Though I also love the rest,
But what about you,
My reading friend,
Is there a word you love the best?




No comments:

Post a Comment