Friday 1 April 2016

Poem in my pocket.

I've always got a poem in my pocket
And a comb for when I need to brush my hair
And a little piece of paper in a locket
With a picture of someone who isn't there

I've always got a pocket for a whistle
And a pocket for a tissue and a key
And a bottle and a bubble and a thistle
And a pocket for a little memory

I've always got a pocket for tomorrow
And a pocket for the waves upon the sea
And a pocket for the things I want to borrow
And a pocket for the things I want to be

Got a pocket for the weather when it's sunny
Got a foggy pocket for the wind and rain
Got a pocket for something that's really funny
That I will give you when we meet again.

Yes, I've always got a poem in my pocket
And a pocket for a rainbow and a kiss
And a tiny little laugh inside a rocket
That I will send to everyone I miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment